|Allegiance|| United States of America|
|Title/Rank||Private First Class|
|Portrayed by||Samm Levine|
- “Right about now I'd be shittin' my pants if I was you!”
- ―Hirschberg to Butz and Ludwig
Gerold Hirschberg was a Jewish-American soldier, part of The Basterds. He was portrayed by Samm Levine.
Hirschberg was born in the United States. He joined the Basterds to kill Nazis.
Chapter Two - INGLOURIOUS BASTERDSEdit
Hirschberg is seen along with the other Basterds in the garrison yard when Aldo Raine briefs them. Later, when the group is already in France, he is seen scalping dead German soldiers in the woods. After they loot the dead Germans, he is seen guarding the three survivors with a Karabiner 98k. Hirschberg laughs when Rachtman mentions Hugo Stiglitz. He later cheers when Donny beats the German Sergeant to death. When Ludwig tries to flee, Hirschberg guns him down, much to Also's dismay.
Chapter Four - OPERATION KINOEdit
Hirschberg is seen in the abandoned house, where the Basterds and Hicox prepare to meet with their contact. He is seen looking outside through the window. He's later seen in the veterinary office handing Bridget her purse containing the premier tickets
Hirschberg is later seen in a flashback, along with Stiglitz and Donny shooting a car with German soldiers.
He is no longer seen after this chapter, his fate remains unknown.
Hirschberg hates the Nazis and has no problem killing any one of them, this is shown when he shows no remorse for Rachtman being beat to death and when he guns down Ludwig afterwards.
- Hirschberg is the shortest member of the Basterds.
- His role was to be much larger but it was handed to Omar Ulmer instead.
- Although almost all the Basterds are seen wielding Kar98k rifles in the film, only Hirschberg and Kagan are seen firing their weapons onscreen.
- In the trailer, Hirschberg is seen running with an MG42 and firing it. This scene did not appear in the film and instead the person running and shooting in the prison scene is Omar, who's firing an MP40.
Behind the scenesEdit
He was played by Samm Levine.
In the original script, Samm Levine's role was much larger, with PFC Hirschberg being one of the primary members of the Basterds. However, in the film, Hirschberg only speaks one line, and he disappears before the closing scenes with his fate being left unresolved. His role in the script is taken by Omar Ulmer.