In Inglourious Basterds[edit | edit source]
The bistro consists of at least two halves, separated by a short wall. Shosanna was sitting in the other more private room, while German soldiers and officers were sitting in the other room, close to the entrance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The cigarettes smoked by Shosanna in the bistro are the "Gitanes". The original package with the fan and the oranges was produced from 1927 until the mid-'40s.
- The matches seen on the table where Shosanna sits, bear the inscription "Au Café Liliana", which could be the name of the actual location.
- Through the window of the bistro, in the scene where Shosanna leaves, there are several fake film posters seen, starring Bridget von Hammersmark: "Der Schmerz Bitter Tränen" and "Immer Es gibt ein Morgen".
- The book Shosanna is reading in the bistro is "The Saint in New York", a book featuring a protagonist with a fake identity, mirroring Shosanna's tale in the chapter. This novel is extremely grim and violent in the Saint series: the protagonist crime-fighter shows a cold and ruthless side as he executes a number of gangland killers in revenge for a murder - similar to Lt. Raine's operation. The same book is seen again in chapter 5, when she's lying on the floor blanket, talking about finding a guy who can develop a 35 mm print with a soundtrack.
- The book cover aspect is somewhat reminiscent of the Pulp Fiction poster, though this is probably unintentional.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The scenes from the bistro were shot in the La Renaissance bistro, 112 Rue Championnet in Paris.